It's hard to believe that we only have a couple weeks left in the ski season. Here's a couple end of season reminders:
RAFFLE BOOKLETS
Don't forget to get the raffle tickets to Paul Francisty - you can just put the stubs into his family folder (the family folders are located in the pull out drawers in the garbage/recycling unit). If you've sold any, keep the money. Or you can put your names on all of the tickets and hope to win a great prize. The draw date is April 14th (I think) so I know Paul would appreciate the tickets well before that date.
LAST WEEKEND
The last weekend of the program is April 6/7. It seems anti-climatic since we had the banquet already, but hopefully everyone had a good season. Troy and I would really like to keep improving on things, so we would appreciate you taking a moment to fill out the MWSC U10 / U12 survey - the link is to the left of this blog.
Your child should have received a trophy - many were handed out at the banquet, but if you didn't attend, please make sure your child's coach gets them their trophy. Also, the kids will receive their report cards and pictures by the end of the season.
COAST ZONE U12-U18 RACE
This is the final race of the season that we will be hosting on April 13/14. We are looking for volunteers to work this race - we will also have a couple U10/U12 coaches available for parents who volunteer. There is a sign up sheet in the club cabin - just record down your name on a position that interests you. If you do require coaching for your child, just contact me (kerri) via email and I will pass on the list of kids to the coaches.
U10 COORDINATOR POSITION
Troy and I have decided to stay on with the U10 coordinator position for a transitional year where we hope we can work with another person to guide them into taking over. I am currently creating a U10 Coordinator Handbook that will hopefully be useful to the next coordinator. Troy and I have enjoyed our years organizing the program, but we actually won't have any kids in the U10 program after this season and we feel it's time to pass on the job. It is a position that takes a good deal of organization, but it's a very rewarding one, too. If you're interested, please let us know and we'd be happy to work with you next year to get you prepared to take it over 100% the following season.
Troy and I will be away watching our older son's races at Silverstar and Whistler, so we won't be around for the end of the season. If we don't see you, we thank you for your investment with your racer and hope to see everyone back next season.